JOB TITLE: Fundraiser
TITLE OF SUPERVISOR: President/CEO
Date: November 2022
Grow the Fort Worth Chamber’s (FWC) top tier membership level(s) through the recruitment of new companies to the organization as well as upgrade current members to a greater level of investment. This role will be to develop and implement a sales strategy to meet the Chamber’s annual membership growth goals.
Essential duties and responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Identify and source a member prospect list utilizing existing databases, resources, and stakeholder relationships.
- Work with the President and Chamber Executive Team to receive feedback, support, and refinement of the member prospect list.
- Preform all aspects of sales process
- Utilize the CEO, Chamber Leadership, Business and Community Leadership and Chamber staff in prospect meetings as necessary.
- Pass lower tier membership opportunities to the Director of Membership Growth.
- Lead new member transition communications and introductions to Membership Team.
- Develop expertise with Chamber membership database to ensure that all new member record keeping, and prospect information is up-to-date.
- Based on new member interactions, offer suggestions to the Chamber’s marketing team for new member sales materials, new member benefits and new Chamber events as necessary.
- Host prospects and new Impact members as appropriate at FWC events.
KNOWLEDGE & EXPERIENCE:
- 8+ years of experience in Sales with 4+ years Chamber of Commerce experience.
- Four-year college degree preferred.
- Assured public presence and comfort level with Board of Directors, C-Level executives, high-level community leaders, elected officials, outside stakeholders and volunteers.
- Ability to communicate the case for support in lay terms to prospects.
- Must have database experience and excellent organizational, communication and computer skills - ChamberMaster experience is a plus.
- Requires excellent listening and interpersonal skills.
DECISION-MAKING AND ACTION TAKING:
- Requires the ability to work with all levels of stakeholders and staff.
- Requires making decisions regarding matters that are beyond written procedures and determining procedures for major activities.
- Must be able to make independent judgments and decisions of both a tactical and strategic nature.
- Often deals with complex, ambiguous circumstances or projects.
- Moderate noise level.
- North Texas travel required.
- Some lifting boxes of up to 25 pounds.
- Long periods of sitting.
- Early morning meetings and evening functions.
FWC CORE VALUES:
- Go Above & Beyond
- Be Fearless
- Be Transparent
- Get Stuff Done
- Good Vibes Only